top of page

U-14s qualify for play-offs

Wolves U-14 boys reached the NBL Premier play-offs without bouncing a ball over the weekend. For the second time this season Barking RDF failed to raise a team to face Ibrahim Gariba's side, giving them a 20-0 victory, and with other results going their way the Wolves sealed their place in the post-season.

Things were a lot tougher for the  other junior Wolves in action in a weekend that saw just two home games.

The U-12 girls failed to repeat their home victory against Richmond Knights as the hosts broke open a tied game in the fourth period to win 61-57 on Sunday lunchtime.

Rose Marsh led the way with 21 points as Wolves overcame a 20-13 first period  deficit to outscored the hosts 10-9 in the second quarter and 20-14 in the third to set up a grandstand finish. Evie Garvin added ten points for the visitors.

Marsh was also in good scoring for a severely depleted U-14 team as she finished with 11 on her debut in a 96-25 loss at Sussex Storm on Saturday. Under acting coach Gariba - who, unlike his team, didn't get the day off - Wolves never recovered from a 26-7 first period. Dominique Somer added eight points 

The U-15 boys put a battling performance against high-flying Milton Keynes Breakers U-16 before going down 84-62 on Sunday afternoon.  Wolves trailed 23-13 at the first break and were 47-31 down at half-time. But they shared 38 third period points before being outscored 18-12 in the final frames.

Two of coach La'Quarne Sayers' younger players led the way as U-14 centre Sam McCree had a 16-point, 14-rebound double-double while Y8 player Jacob Edrupt had 15 points, seven assists and three boards. Seth Coetzee and Kean Berba both finished with nine points, with the former having the same number of rebounds and three assists.

It was a weekend to forget for the U-16 boys as a pair of contrasting defeats saw their relegation fears deepen. A poor shooting performance saw they lost 62-43 at Greenhouse Sports while they were outclassed 118-32 by London Thunder.

After trailing 17-12 at the first break on Saturday and 30-20 at half-time, Wolves fought their way back into the game with a 15-14 third period but that was as good as it got for the visitors. The following day it was all over a 36-2 first quarter from Thunder.   

175 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
bottom of page